Skip to content
9/11/2001 – The World Trade Center Disaster
- Our crew responded to the World Trade Center and worked alongside NYPD, FDNY, other EMS agencies, and other first responders to provide patient care.
- The responding crew amongst other things, administered oxygen, cleaned out eyes, and helped with other injuries.
- A dispatching team at headquarters worked to assist with phone and radio communications.
- A second crew was organized to provide local coverage for Little Neck & Douglaston.
- Participated in the Little Neck – Douglaston Community Candlelight Vigil held on September 21st at Memorial Field in Douglaston Manor.
- Participated in the “Communal Gathering” Sponsored by Queens Borough President Claire Shulman at Alumni Hall at the St. John’s University Campus in Queens.
- Provided Stand-By Mutual aid Coverage on October 5th at Ground Zero.
- Joined many other volunteer ambulance corps from around New York City at Forest Park for an EMS Memorial Service.